Thursday, December 1, 2011

THE Return of Mix-A-Day! Mix #32- Closing Night

SGNLS playing my closing reception/going-away party

While a hand injury is preventing me from making too much art right now, I decided to temporarily(?) revive this project after the encouragement of a few friends. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I abandoned this project to the desolate wastes of the internet. I can guarantee postings will be sporadic and unpredictable from here on out, so if you care to keep up on 'em, i suggest you "follow" me with the "Join this Site" button on the left. Or check back often.
This mix is based on the music i played between bands at my going-away party (for those who don't know, I moved from Philly to Providence this summer), which also doubled as the closing reception for the installation Staring at the Cracks. I asked a few friends to play- Sgnls, Color Is Luxury, & Geb the Great Cackler- and had a big spread of food & beverage and an epic print sale.

Unfortunately, I didn't remember I had a camera on me until the end of the night! Yes, it was held in a disused office complex which added an extra element of surreality to the evening.
Anyway, I included songs from each of the acts that played that night, along with edited versions of the smooth segues I played between them. A lot of psychedelia, as that seemed like the common thread that bound them all, plus there was a kickass sound-system set up for the install that really showed off kooky stereo effects nicely.
Get it here.

TRACKLIST-
1. Larkin Grimm- Going Out
2. Geb the Great Cackler- Bes the musical Dwarf God
3. Brute Heart- Eclipse
4. Mother Of Fire- Deaths Apprentice
5. Emmanuelle Parrenin- Topaze
6. New Age Steppers- Private Army Dub
7. Color Is Luxury- "June Preview"
8. Kevin Ayers- The Confessions Of Doctor Dream - A. Irreversible Neural Damage
9. Dickens- Genocide
10. Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes- Le Petite Fille Aux Fraises
11. Inga Rumpf & I.D Company- Bum-Bum
12. Parson Sound- 10 Minuter
13. Amon Düül II- Henriette Krötenschwanz
14. SGNLS- Through the Looking Glass/Hold

No comments:

Post a Comment