Many people think I don't like to dance, largely because I hate dance parties. Actually, it's more that I find them incredibly depressing- being a thing that the vast majority of my friends really enjoy that I just have never been able to relate to at all. I had a revelation recently while tearing it up at a Skoal Kodiak* show- that for me, dancing is more about my relationship to the music & the musicians performing it, rather than the other people dancing- which is i think a big part of the dance party experience for those who enjoy it.
In any case, I did used to enjoy DJing the occasional dance party in Detroit, and I have for a few years been making a series of mixes called Workparty, to listen to when screen-printing. I find generally that if a song is good to dance to, it's good to print to.
THIS IS A NEW LINK AS THE OLD FILE HAD A PLAYLIST DISCREPANCY.
1. Desmond Dekker- Reggae Recipe
2. King Curtis- Memphis Soul Stew
3. Archie Bell and The Drells- Tighten Up
4. James Brown- Get It Together
5. James Chance- Designed to Kill
6. Bush Tetras- Too Many Creeps
7. Death Comet Crew w/ Rammellzee- Exterior Street
8. ESG- Erase You
9. Selda Bagcan- Yaylalar
10. Buppah Saichol- Roob Lor Thom Pai (There Are Many Handsome Men)
11. The B-52's- Dance This Mess Around
12. The Monks- Shut Up
13. Cabaret Voltaire- Nag Nag Nag
14. A Number of Names- Sharevari
15. Can- More & More
16. The Flying Lizards- Move On Up
*Skoal Kodiak is in my top 3 bands to dance to, alongside What Cheer? Brigade and the Ex.